[INFOGRAPHIC] 20 Ways to Build Your Security Fortress From Anywhere
If you and your users are working remotely in the office, it’s essential to be aware of new cybersecurity threats. Here at KnowBe4, we’re committed to help your users make smarter security decisions.
That’s why for Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we’ve created a helpful infographic you can share with your users on how you can build your cybersecurity fortress from anywhere!
Click here to download the full infographic (PDF). This is great to share with your users!
- Have separate devices for work and personal use
- Connect to the Ethernet (wired) or at least WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2) for a secure wireless connection
- Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) whenever possible to access employer systems/data
- Keep router and modem firmware up-to-date
- Secure IoT devices (smart speakers, appliances, etc.) – use strong, unique passwords whenever possible
- Don’t use Public Wi-Fi when accessing confidential info, use a personal hotspot instead
- Keep devices secure and accounted for at all times
- Disable automatic bluetooth pairing
- Don’t allow your devices to auto-join unfamiliar Wi-Fi networks
- Don’t use borrowed chargers or public charging stations
Cloud Security Reminders
- Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) that requires a separate device when possible
- Practice good password hygiene
- Never save passwords in your browser
- Keep work-related communication to systems approved by your organization
- Check privacy/location/security settings on apps and restrict any unnecessary access
Physical Security Reminders
- Never use unknown USB devices
- Always lock your workstation
- Keep confidential information secure – use privacy screens and headphones if necessary
- Implement a clean desk policy by removing business documents, notes, etc.
- Don’t allow unauthorized individuals to tailgate
Make sure to follow @KnowBe4 on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn throughout the month for all of your #NCSAM updates. Also check out your National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Resource Center for the latest resources to keep your users on their toes, no matter where they’re working from.